Monday, November 26, 2012

A Daily Call

   I find it interesting how God brings a message. This is one that has blessed me and drawn me closer to the Lord.
   In the last two weeks I have listened in on two different Bible studies on the Book of Jonah. Both studies came from completely different angles. One illustrated the run-away prophet; the other, the servant who was displeased with how God didn't deal with the situation the way the man thought it should come out.
   All around Jonah was a stinker (and not just when he came out of the belly of the fish). But I think the most important aspect of this book in the Bible is the willingness of God to faithfully call his chosen prophet to pursue His will.
   God calls us to obedience, but even when we run away, fall away, or push Him away his Holy Spirit is always there to call us to his will.

Luke 11:28 He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment